Integration with ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus MSPMSP Center Plus offers API based integration with ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus MSP (SDP MSP), an ITIL ready help desk solution. MSP Center Plus ServiceDesk Plus MSP integration provides the following benefits:
- A request is automatically logged in SDP MSP, whenever an alarm is raised in MSP Center Plus
- When the request is closed, the alarm is cleared and vice versa
- Customers added in MSP Center Plus, automatically get added as Accounts in SDP MSP
- Devices added in MSP Center Plus, automatically get added as Assets in SDP MSP
- Login credentials of a Technician in ServiceDesk Plus MSP (SDP MSP) with Administrator privilege. You can assign a new one, if required.
- Ensure that your SDP MSP build number is 7.5.1 or above and running while you are integrating it with MSP Center Plus.
Steps to integrate with ServiceDesk Plus MSP:
MSP Center Plus has been successfully integrated with SDP MSP.
- Go to Admin-> Add On/Products Settings.
- Click on SDP MSP tab on the left side.
- Enter the name/IP address of the server and port number on which SDP MSP is running.
- If MSP Center Plus has to communicate with SDP MSP via a proxy server, select Use proxy to connect this SDPMSP Server check box. If both SDP MSP and MSP Center Plus are running on the same local network, you can ignore this step.
- Select the http/https protocol on which SDP MSP communicates.
- Enter the login and password details of a Technician in SDP MSP with Administrator privilege.
- Click on Test Connection and Save.
- If the provided details are correct and MSP Center Plus could able to contact with SDP MSP server, a message is displayed to synchronize the data in MSP Center Plus with SDP MSP.
- Click on the Click here on the message to sync the data in MSP Center Plus with SDP MSP.
Synchronizing SDP MSP with MSP Center Plus in HTTPS mode
For running SDP MSP in HTTPS mode:
- Run <ServiceDeskPlus-MSP_home>\bin\genKey.bat
- Check for file named sdp.keystore will be created under <ServiceDeskPlus-MSP>\server\default\conf directory.
- Goto Admin ->ServiceDesk/HelpDesk Settings. Change the Protocol as 'https' and upload the sdp.keystore file.
Applying third party SSL certificate
- Open the file <ServiceDeskPlus-MSP home>\bin\genKey.bat
- Replace the 'asc' keyword with the third-party ssl certificate alias name
- Replace the keyword 'sdpsecured' with the third-party ssl certificate password, in the below line:
%NMS_HOME%\jre\bin\keytool -export -v -rfc -alias asc -file sdp_cert.txt -keystore %NMS_HOME%/conf/sdp.keystore -keypass sdpsecured -storepass sdpsecured
- Perform the steps given for running in HTTPS mode (above topic).